Some business owners seem to regard business process automation with suspicion – they don’t want to see their companies taken over by bots…
But in reality, without the ‘bots’ many of the world’s biggest, most profitable companies would never have got where they are today.
When business process automation is well-planned and implemented, results show that it vastly improves productivity, makes staff happier – and brings down your costs.
I’ve seen some great examples of business process automation done right in Australia and NZ, and I want to share them here.
Here are 2 important ways business process automation can help you get the most out of your staff.
- Use business process automation as a tool to empower staff
Smart automation isn’t about replacing staff in your business – it’s about freeing up their time by eliminating manual, repeatable tasks. By taking these mundane activities out your staff’s day, they can concentrate on tasks that require their personal expertise, face-to-face interactions, or innovative thinking. These are the things that automation just can’t do, but can really make a difference to the revenue generated for your business.
So how do you do it? Firstly, look for business management software that brings all aspects of the business into one system, because it instantly makes staff more efficient – they only have to enter data once, and then it’s replicated across the business.This also works wonders for minimising human error and duplicate data.
Sophisticated workflow functionality in your business management system will also allow you to automate simple tasks like sending quote follow ups on behalf of your sales team. While this is a relatively simple workflow, it’s a crucial step in ensuing that no opportunities fall through the cracks.
HARMONiQ Business Tuning Software is an all-in-one system that allows you to automate processes around accounting, inventory, sales, marketing and reporting. It has both simple and complex workflow functionality to help you get the most out of business process automation.
- Replicate best practices across the business
Business process automation doesn’t have to be limited to technical, mechanical tasks. You can even automate customer service or sales procedures.
Many companies invest quite heavily in building great customer service processes for their business according to best practice, but then struggle to achieve consistency across multiple offices, teams or staff members.
To overcome this, you can actually build these best practice processes directly into your business management system – so that your staff know what steps to take in any scenario, eliminating poor decision-making due to insufficient training, or rash actions made in the moment.
HARMONiQ allows you to do this for almost any scenario. One example could be when a customer lodges a complaint. You can set up a process that would immediately alert the key account owner and the director of the company. This will then trigger a task for the director to get in touch personally to sort out the issue. The process can even be automated to send the customer a discount or voucher for their next order – whatever the best next step is!
So to summarise:
- Ensure you automate with the mindset to empower your staff, not replace them. Eliminate the manual, tedious tasks to let them dedicate more time for revenue-generating activities.
- Leverage automation on important, but manual tasks to ensure they’re done right every time. The ‘bots’ can help keep your business on track.
- Use pre-built workflows to ensure your staff replicate best practices in everything they do and uphold your business values in every interaction.
And finally, don’t be the last to automate. Businesses, both big and small, are embracing process automation and seeing the benefits. Don’t let your competitors leave you behind.
HARMONiQ is a powerful platform for your business, allowing you to:
- Empower your staff with staff with one source of truth for all data, and great tools for automating follow-up tasks and increasing efficiency.
- Easily segment and assign contacts and accounts, including visibility of all communication and activities against any client record.
- Build both complex and simple workflows directly into your platform, making all best practice processes accessible and repeatable across the whole team.
If you’d like to find out how Australian and NZ businesses are using HARMONiQ CRM to achieve process automation – let me know. I’ll organise a quick demo to show you some of the great things HARMONiQ can do for your business.
Drew Arthur is the Managing Director of Micronet Systems and is focused on helping business leaders overcome inefficient sales, inventory, and customer relationship management practices by leveraging cutting edge technology. If you want to gain better control of the sales processes in your business, click here to organise a demo to see how HARMONiQ Business Tuning Software can make a difference to your business.