By Drew Arthur
Especially when working with small and medium businesses, most of the value you deliver comes in the form of advice and consulting based on your experience and domain expertise. As you know, this advice is especially useful when contextualised to the reality of the client in question, and directly addresses their needs.
Your information is only as good as the platform you’ve aligned with
To achieve this context, you probably rely on information you already have access to. Unfortunately, depending on the software you’ve chosen to align yourself with, you probably only have access to a very small slice (i.e.: just accounting information) of your client’s whole picture and can do very little to change that. Making it worse, such information is often retrospective, and can require one to trawl through reams of data to extract any meaningful insights.
As a result, your recommendations can be compromised. After all, your advice is only ever as good as the information it’s based on.
You shouldn’t be held back from delivering top value
However, with the significant innovations being made in the space every day, you shouldn’t have to ‘manage’ without vital information, nor should you have to compromise the value you have to offer.
In fact, what you can do as part of your consulting is to help your clients seek out and implement an all-encompassing business management solution that not only captures and reports on all the information you need, but also helps you deliver more meaningful advice as a result.
Specifically, you should seek out a solution that:
- Provides end-to-end visibility of a company’s information (including Accounting, Inventory Management, Marketing, and Sales functions);
- Can be customised to suit the specific needs of your clients’ businesses;
- Delivers information in real-time; and
- Is capable of reporting by exclusion, meaning that you only have to review data that falls outside pre-defined parameters – that’s far fewer reports to read!
As a result, you’ll be able to:
- Truly leverage your experience and domain expertise to provide more informed advice to your clients;
- Use client-specific insights to underpin your advice;
- Increase the value you provide to your clients on an ongoing basis;
- Embed your services as a key input to your clients’ decision making processes;
- Drive further ongoing revenue opportunities from your existing client base; and
- Create a compelling value proposition for new clients.
How HARMONiQ can help
We built HARMONiQ to help you make the most of what you offer your clients. That’s why it:
- Incorporates key business functions– financials, commercials, Business Intelligence, inventory management, customer relationship management, and marketing – all within a single, seamlessly integrated platform so that you have all the information you need to provide well informed and relevant advice and recommendations;
- Has the smallest implementation footprint and fastest customisation times in the industry, so you can begin delivering this value almost immediately;
- Supports you in leveraging your domain expertise and own IP to provide valuable insights and advice to your clients; and
- Has sophisticated BI capabilities allowing you to elevate the level of your analysis.
I hope these thoughts will help you as you look for opportunities to delivery even further value for your clients and give you some ideas about what you should be looking at to help you do so even more successfully. If you are facing any of the issues I’ve written about above and would like to discuss, please call me on 02 9542 2000.
Alternatively, tell me your thoughts about this blog by leaving a comment below.
Partner with us.
Find out how partnering with HARMONiQ can help you successfully differentiate your business in the market.
Come meet us at CeBIT 2015
We’re very excited to be officially launching HARMONiQ Business Tuning Software at this year’s CeBIT conference – and you’re invited to attend!