Big businesses don’t just start big – they’ve managed to grow over time to become the success stories they are today.
And while some of this can be put down to luck, perseverance or smart investing, there’s one factor that always contributes to their ongoing success – technology.
Traditionally, technology has been implemented by businesses when they become too big to manage manually. But this is no longer the case.
Small and medium sized businesses have started utilising technology to help them achieve the growth they desire – and continue using it to aid operations when they succeed.
Find out if an ERP system is the right move for your client’s business by downloading our ERP Automation eBook
Getting stuck in small business patterns
Big businesses seem to always be in the know – they win sales, and stock the right products. They have carefully thought-out strategies and trackable growth projections.
But they also have more staff, collateral and finances. How can your clients possibly complete?
Often, I see SME’s get stuck in a pattern that stunts their growth, repeating the same behaviours:
- Practicing reactive management, and dealing with problems as they happen
- Relying heavily on manual processes
- Missing sales opportunities and enquiry follow ups
- Chasing up data but not having the time or knowledge to use it efficiently
- Spending all their time running the business and not making time for future planning
Simply running everyday business and juggling current needs means there’s no time left to strategically achieve business growth for your clients.
Big benefits of technology
This is where technology comes in. For those who can’t afford to hire the extra manpower, outsourcing your client’s time-consuming and difficult processes to software is a great option.
But the right software won’t only free up your client’s time, it’ll provide capabilities and insights that no amount of staff or manual expertise can deliver.
Business management software with built in CRM can revolutionise how your client’s sell their products. Yes, CRM’s can hold customer information, but they can do so much more. With the right software and integration, CRM can help your clients:
- Engage their customers through personalised eMarketing
- Gain sales insights to know who wants what – and when
- Automatically respond to sales enquiries so your clients never miss an opportunity
- Prompt existing customers with new stock lines or special offers
Increase efficiency and productivity
Managing inventory optimally is difficult when your clients are relying purely on manual processes carried out by individual staff members. Good software can speed things up and minimise errors by:
- Removing the chance for human error in reporting data
- Alerting your client’s when they need to re-order and automatically re-ordering stock
- Noting dead or dying stock lines
- Improving staff productivity and efficiency by removing slow manual tasks and streamlining workflows
Plan for the future
Analyse business data and use it to plan for growth. Business management software can help your client’s create efficiencies by:
- Uncovering trends that allow them to take a proactive approach to management
- Improving visibility over all departments, processes and workflows to aid operational decisions
- Tracking key performance metrics
- Analysing data and business performance to accurately plan for the future
Size really doesn’t matter
When it comes down to it, big businesses will always have more resources than smaller business. But your clients can achieve the same capabilities just by investing in one: business management software.
HARMONiQ Business Tuning Software is an all-in-one ERP solution that includes financials, inventory, sales, marketing and more.
As a truly customisable and scalable software, HARMONiQ can help your clients achieve growth – and will grow alongside them as they do.
If you would like to determine if an ERP system is the right move for your client’s business, download our ERP Automation eBook to learn more.
If you would like to discuss how you can start leveraging great technology to achieve significant efficiency improvements in your client’s business, please call me on (02) 9542 2000 or email me at email@example.com.
Robert Butler is the Managing Director of Micronet Systems and is focused on helping small businesses overcome inefficient sales, inventory, and customer relationship management practices by leveraging cutting edge technology. If you want to gain better control of your client’s business, click here to see how HARMONiQ Business Tuning Software can make a difference to their business, or click here to get in touch.